Saturday, July 18, 2009

A new post for my fans ;)

So does anyone get on blogspot anymore? I think people have better things to do with their time... like log onto facebook... But I think the world needs to know that I'm pregnant... just kidding. That would be pretty sweet... giving the circumstances that I was married and not still in school.

God is a God of peace. right? he loves, gives joy, saves... it's so awesome. Sometimes though, we go through things that no matter how much we read and how much we worship we don't feel at peace. So does that mean we don't have a good relationship with God at the time? If someone has hurt me and I'm crying and angry, am i farther away from God because of that?

This past week has been the worse week of my life. Someone I trusted with all of my heart and truly believed in lied to me and threw me away like I was nothing. During all of this I was hurt, confused with how to react in certain situations, I have cried, barely eaten, barely slept. I have been far from at peace. But, I have still prayed, sought the Lord's truth, and worshiped him in my weakness.

So is being at peace with God the only way to be close to him? I don't think so. I've felt at peace with the Lord, and still felt far. But now, I feel God holding me through this. I cling to his promises that I will be ok and experience true peace and joy through difficult situations. The Lord is close to the Brokenhearted. The Lord has blessed me with friends to make me laugh when I thought I would never laugh again. He will eventually bless me with peace and understanding of his perfect plan. I have a family who loves me. No one can bring me down from the Lord's right hand. I am there no matter how hurt, how happy, how much I run from him, how angry I am...etc. The Lord's love will never fail me. He is good.

So some of ya'll have no idea what I am talking about, only a few close friends do, but If you could please keep me, this situation, and the person who hurt me in your prayers I'd really appreciate it.

Love,
~Lauren

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I'm still a fan.

I was reading Job earlier today, and even though Job eventually snapped and got really mad at God he remained in God's peace for so long. It's amazing how much he endured.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

-Drew